Avoid Spring Pests◀ Back To Blog
April 19, 2012
The past few day in Clifton Park and the Capital Region have certainly felt like spring. I always know spring is here when the lawn mowers fire up, the birds are chirping, warmer temperatures fill the days and unfortunately,when indoor and outdoor pests return.
Spring pests include ants, bees, carpenter bees, clover mites, fleas, termites and many more. Some of these pests are more of a nuisance, while others are a serious concern.
Pests can carry disease and destroy your property. As your local pest removal specialist, at the first signs of pests, contact a professional exterminator immediately.
Capital Region homeowners should take these spring preventative measures:
- Make sure any wood on the exterior of your home is finished, painted or treated — making it less attractive to wood-destroying pests and bees looking to nest.
- Get rid of any compacted earth or piled wood near your home that could attract pests, especially termites.
- Seal all cracks and holes that would give insects access to the inside of your house. Check crawlspaces, along the foundation and any exterior vents.
- Check the exterior of your home often for wasps. They like to build nests under eaves, underneath tables or even in barbecue grills.
- Keep food in sealed containers and keep your kitchen clean. Rotting fruit, dropped crumbs or even pet food can attract ants, flies and rodents.
Even with these simple tips, its spring and you may have a visitor or two. Contact your Albany exterminator at the first signs to be safe, rather than sorry. Thomas Pest Services offers free inspections and evaluations to identify your problem, develop a solution provide long term prevention. Thomas Pest Services offers ant removal, termite removal and many other services to Chatham, East Greenbush, Saratoga and surrounding areas throughout the Capital Region.