What NOT to Do When you Have Bed Bugs◀ Back To Blog
April 24, 2013
Most of us have heard a story or two about how ferociously difficult it is to rid your home of bed bugs, but what you may not realize is how obscenely easy it is to bring bed bugs home from your travels. Small and clever, bed bugs tuck into seams and nooks on your luggage with ease. Bed bugs aren’t just showing up in hotel rooms, they’re lurking in rental cars, taxis, and in some cases, the airport baggage claim area. The website, Bed Bug Registry is designed for travelers to check-up on the hotel they plan to stay in. Bed bug sniffing dogs (yes they exist) are popular to identify where bed bugs lurk in a home, business or other establishment.
If bed bugs become a problem for you, avoid searching the internet for do-it-yourself bed bug solutions, be informed by calling a bed bug removal professional and learn what not to do when you have bed bugs.what not to do when you have bed bugs
- Do not Panic. You can control bed bugs with careful inspection and by using proper bed bug control methods.
- Do not try to kill bed bugs by using agricultural or garden pesticides. Using outdoor pesticides to control bed bugs can make you or your family very sick.
- Do not use products that appear to be “homemade” or “custom formulated.” Homemade products could be dangerous and they might make the problem worse.
- Do not apply pesticides directly to your body. This could make you very sick.
- Do not use rubbing alcohol, kerosene or gasoline. These chemicals may cause fires.
- Do not throw away your furniture. Beds and other furniture can be treated for bed bugs. Throwing away your furniture can spread the bugs and you have to buy new furniture.
- Do not store things under the bed. Storing stuff under the bed gives bed bugs many new places to hide. This makes it more difficult to get rid of bed bugs.
- Do not move things from room to room. Moving your things from the room with bed bugs to another room in your house may spread the bed bugs.
- Do not wrap items in black plastic and place in the sun. It will not get hot enough to kill all the bugs.
Thomas Pest Services is your local exterminator who provides bed bug treatments. At the first signs of bed bugs, contact Thomas Pest Services and do not try to treat bed bugs on your own. Identifying the presence of bed bugs and following our tips above with what not to do when you have bed bugs is important. For homeowners in Ghent, Schenectady, Albany, Troy, Saratoga and Lake George, we offer effective bed bug services to help solve your bed bug problem. Contact Thomas Pest Services today, for more information about bed bugs or Albany bed bug treatments.