What are Signs of Squirrels?◀ Back To Blog
December 29, 2013
What are the telltale signs of squirrels? Homeowners can identify squirrel activity a few different ways. The Albany, NY area is home to many types of squirrels from grey squirrels to flying squirrels. With cooler temperatures, wildlife animals like squirrels search for shelter and it not uncommon to call home in our home. Wildlife animals like squirrels can pose serious risks, so it is important to keep them outside.
Signs of squirrels in your home:
- Noise: Squirrels make loud, chattering noises during the day.
- Damage: Squirrels will chew openings in fascia/soffit areas, window trim to access interior areas like attics, soffits and gable vents. Once inside, squirrels damage insulation with their urine and droppings and can chew on wires causing fires. Squirrel droppings look like a teardrop shape, unlike mouse droppings that resemble the size of rice.
How does the squirrel removal process work?
Trained squirrel removal professionals will inspect your property and structure to determine:
- Where squirrels are nesting?
- How to remove squirrels from the property.
- What squirrel cleanup is needed?
- How to prevent squirrels from returning.
Thomas Pest Services advises anyone with a squirrel problem to contact a squirrel removal company sooner than later. Postponing contacting a squirrel removal professional will overtime cause allow squirrels to perform more damage and be a hazard to you, your family and structure. When contacting your Clifton Park squirrel removal specialists, you can trust your squirrel issues will be handled correctly. If you have signs of squirrels, contact your Albany squirrel removal specialists for a free inspection!