Mosquito Bites◀ Back To Blog
June 20, 2013
Mosquito bites are so annoying! They itch and itch and itch.
Home Remedies for Mosquito Bites
- Soft, initially pale bumps on your skin that can become pink or red.
- The bump that results from a bite can appear immediately or may take up to two days to appear. If you're highly sensitive to mosquito bites, you may have a much larger area of itching.
A few weeks ago we posted about home remedies for bee stings and their effectiveness. Let’s discuss home remedies for mosquito bites. What’s your secret for mosquito bites? Tell us on Twitter or Facebook!
Care2 offers the following, quick and simple remedies. They are all kid-friendly and very effective, as well as being completely safe and natural.
Try these remedies:
- Rub the bite with soap.
- Apply an ice pack to the bite.
- Mix baking soda with enough water to make a paste and apply to the bite.
- Apply lavender and tea tree oils with a swab.
- Rub a piece of freshly-cut onion on the bite.
- Use a banana peel to take the itch out of mosquito bites. Rub the pulpy inside surface of the peel on the bite.
- A dab of toothpaste is soothing, too.
Thomas Pest Services offers mosquito control for Clifton Park, Saratoga, Schenectady and throughout Thomas Pest Services’ service area. A combination of our mosquito service and eliminating harborage areas, will reduce mosquito populations so you don't have to worry about mosquito bites. Learn more about getting rid of mosquitoes today!