Learn How to Select a Pest Control Company◀ Back To Blog
February 27, 2014
Choosing a pest control company can be a daunting task, especially if you are encountering a pest or rodent problem for the first time. It is important to choose a professional who will share knowledge in the identification, recommendation and treatment process. One misconception is one method of pest control extermination is NOT as good as another. It would be quite easy to select a pest control company if this were the case, but this is not true.
How to select a pest control company:
- Professional Pest Control companies should be certified by the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation.
- Ask to see your pest control companies’ credentials and certification. A certification is earned through hours of education, testing, and schooling.
- Ask if technicians are state certified.
- Are any staff members’ entomologist? Entomologist by the Entomological Society of America Certification Corporation must have a minimum of seven years of verifiable pest management experience, the knowledge and ability to pass a rigorous test on insect control.
- Choose a QualityPro company over a non QualityPro company. QualityPro companies go above and beyond to meet four key principles of Business Operations, Consumer Relations, Environmental Stewardship, and Technician Training. You can also know all employees have been background checked, drug tested among a host of other principles.
- Ask about the company’s history and background.
- Read other customer reviews.
As a QualityPro company, Thomas Pest Service has taken extraordinary steps to ensure that consumers can rely on us. Thomas Pest Services is proud to the local pest management professional serving the local communities of Albany, Clifton Park, Saratoga and beyond as a QualityPro company. Thomas Pest Services takes pest management serious and when it comes to choosing any professional for your home, do your homework. For more information about how we can serve you better, contact us today!