Its National Pest Management Month◀ Back To Blog
April 2, 2013
This April, Thomas Pest Services is proud to celebrate National Pest Management Month, which is formally recognized each year by the National Pest Management Association (NPMA). The observance acknowledges the pest management industry’s commitment to the protection of public health and property from common household pests such as rodents, ants, termites, bed bugs and cockroaches.
During National Pest Management Month, Thomas Pest Services encourages public awareness of pests and reminds homeowners to pest-proof the home this spring.
“As the weather continues to warm, pests will begin to emerge from their overwintering sites and look for food indoors. To prevent an infestation, homeowners should take some time to pest-proof their home in the coming weeks,” said Sarah Thomas-Clark, Vice President at Thomas Pest Services. “From sealing openings and removing debris around the foundation of the home to eliminating sources of moisture indoors, a few simple home maintenance projects can keep pests from causing problems this spring.”
NPMA experts also recommend the following tips to add to the spring cleaning check list:National Pest Management Month
- Repair fascia and rotted roof shingles.
- Replace weather-stripping and repair loose mortar around the foundation and windows.
- Keep tree branches and shrubbery well trimmed and away from the house.
- Store fire wood at least 20 feet away from the house and five inches off the ground.
- Eliminate sources of standing water around the house, including birdbaths and in clogged gutters.
- Keep basements, attics, and crawl spaces well ventilated and dry.
- Store garbage in sealed containers and dispose of it regularly.’
- Avoid leaving pet’s food dishes out for long periods of time.
“Taking preventative measures is the best defense against pests, but occasionally an unwanted critter can sneak by unnoticed,” added Thomas-Clark. “If an infestation is suspected, contact a licensed pest professional to treat the problem.” Thomas Pest Services has been solving rodent and insect problems for those that live, work and play in the Capital Region and surrounding towns like Chatham, Schenectady, Latham, Saratoga Springs and Queensbury with third generation experience. Thomas Pest Services is proud to be a leader in the pest management field and thank the National Pest Management Association and our membership with Professional Pest Management Association for this information. To learn more about what Thomas Pest Services can do to solve your pest issue, contact us via phone at 1-877-518-2847, via web inquiry, Facebook or Twitter!