Importance of Winter Pest Control◀ Back To Blog
February 5, 2013
The question is often asked, “What do you do for pests during winter months?” Surprisingly, we respond a lot! Pests do not freeze and die off during the winter months; some become dormant, while others stay active. Winter pest control is important as your home is still in danger of being invaded by unwanted pests. Pests like ants, spiders, roaches, bed bugs, fleas, rats and mice may slow down, but continue to feed, grow and multiply often times in the comfort of our own home. If you are thinking about cutting costs and winter pest control comes up, think again.
Why you should continue pest control services throughout the winter:
1. Pests living inside the walls of your home are not affected by the cold temperatures outdoors.
2. Termites, carpenter ants, cockroaches, earwigs, and many other insects can thrive indoors as the weather is always pleasant inside!
3. Attics provide shelter to wildlife, rodent and insects such as wasps and spiders, as they try to escape the cold.
4. Rodents can find their way into your home if entry points are not sealed off.
5. When we perform a meticulous inspection of your home, inside and out, we ensure that no pest related issues are present and identify any conditions that might increase the risk of future pest problems. Example: Tree limbs and branches and provide easy access to invite pests to your home.
6. Inspecting and/or treating entry points like doors, windows, and peepholes provide lasting protection and ready your home for the emergence of pests in spring.
7. When we remove spider webs, egg cases, wasp nests, and dirt dauber nests, we prevent them from reemerging when the weather warms.
Just like we escape the harsh Albany NY winter weather by staying indoors, pests spend winter indoors too! Clifton Park NY Pest Control is important no matter the time of the year, weather or temperature. Thomas Pest Services has been solving winter pest control issues for those that live, work and play in the Capital Region and surrounding towns like Chatham, Schenectady, Latham, Saratoga Springs and Queensbury with third generation experience. Contact us via phone at 1-877-518-2847, via web inquiry, Facebook or Twitter!