Downstate Walmart on the brink of shutdown due to mice◀ Back To Blog
May 30, 2012
A Sullivan County Walmart reports, a long-time problem with a mouse infestation has lead to possibly getting shut down. A routine state inspection reported "thousands" of mouse droppings throughout the store along with many destroyed products.
Some of the summary of findings:
- Nine pounds of food found to be rodent defiled with mouse droppings and gnaw marks. Product destroyed under signed waiver during inspection.
- 3-4 fresh appearing mouse droppings and urine are present on soda shelves.
- 3-4 fresh appearing mouse droppings are present in retail dry fruit section.
- 3-5 fresh appearing mouse droppings are present in retail bagged cereal.
- Over 1000 fresh appearing mouse droppings are present on floor between back of snack/chip display and back of egg and juice cooler.
- Paper flyer being used as nesting material in retail canned soup area.
- One very old mouse carcass is present in end of metal soda supports.
What are rodent threats?
- Rodents can enter a building through almost any opening or crack.
- Rodent droppings most often cause allergic reactions in human beings but can also cause disease, including the potentially deadly Hantavirus.
- Rodents serve as vectors, carrying bacteria, such as salmonella, on their bodies and contaminating food sources, kitchen surfaces and equipment.
When it comes to any commercial setting, pest are dangerous to the success and reputation of every business. Thomas Pest Services offers pest control services designed with your business in mind. Using an Integrated Pest Management (IPM) approach, Thomas Pest Services no longer relies on material application for control. Pest control services are based on inspection, identification, sanitation, cultural, mechanical, biological and/ or pesticides to achieve pest management objectives.
If you own or manage a commercial, institutional, or industrial company, contact at your local pest professional at the first sign of pest infestations. Avoid the infestation from escalating and disrupting your operation. Thomas Pest Services has experience in various settings from pizzerias, restaurants, schools, manufacturers, food processing plants, commercial buildings, hospitals and much more.