DIY Pest Control◀ Back To Blog
January 9, 2012
When it comes to an insect or rodent issue, there are many different options and opinions. Some individuals feel they can tackle the problem on their own, while others simply contact a professional exterminator to solve their problem. Choosing between “do it yourself” and professional pest control, maybe of personal preference, but the answer should be well thought out.
Deciding to tackle a pest issue, usually is a choice made due to financial concerns. Many individuals feel they can attempt to solve their pest problem with over the counter products, home remedies and other methods. However, as a pest professional the costs can far outweigh the benefits.
- Pest control products can be extremely harmful to people and pets.
- Product labels are not followed. Read the instructions and follow them! Do not try to double the dosage or triple the amount – there is a reason they place instructions on the products.
- Professionals understand how to solve your pest problem, while protecting the environment. Professionals understand how to use chemicals without damaging the environement.
- Professionals understand how products and insect biology work together. This is important in reaching control.
- Trying to solve the problem on your own can be costly. After attempting to treat on your own and then calling a professional is costing and timely. Contacting a local pest professional from the start would have been the best choice.
The owner of a Melbourne pizzeria closed after he set pest control fumigation cans, which exploded and blew the doors off. Ten fumigation cans in the restaurant and the vapours ignited accidentally causing an explosion. The owner failed having regular pest control services and his do it yourself measures, he improperly used cost him nearly $50,000.
We at Thomas Pest Services, take pride in helping commercial facilities and homeowners achieve and maintain a pest free environment. For more information on our pest control in Lake George, Saratoga, Amsterdam, Clifton Park, Albany, Ghent or elsewhere in upstate New York, please contact us.