Bee Removal & Preventing Stings in Clifton Park, NY◀ Back To Blog
July 11, 2012
Whether you’re playing ball in the back yard, mowing the lawn, perfecting your green thumb or inside your home, you certainly do not want to come in contact with any stinging insects. With warm, dry weather, the threat of stinging insects affects us all in the Northeast especially local homeowners. Although Thomas Pest Services specializes in bee removal, it is nearly impossible to stop stinging insects from visiting your property. Too bad putting a stop sign at the edge of your property would prevent all pests! Wishful thinking!
There are ways Clifton Park homeowners and other homeowners can prevent stinging insects from causing a painful experience. Thomas Pest Services and the National Pest Management Association (NPMA) offer the following tips to prevent bees and other stinging insects:
- Inspect. Inspect. Inspect. Look for signs of nests in and around decking, porches, swing sets, sheds, bushes, shrubs, window casings, eaves, overhangs and other areas around the home.
- Remove conducive areas:
- Eliminate standing water and other sources of moisture in or around the home.
- Keep trashcans covered and sealed.
- Keep bushes and shrubs away from the home.
- Inspect for cracks or holes where stinging insects and build nests or access the interior.
- When dining outside, keep food covered until ready to eat.
- Clean up spills right away to make the area less attractive to stinging and other insects.
- Wear light color clothing and avoid perfumes or smelling colognes.
Stinging insects like bees send more than 500,000 people to the emergency room each year according NPMA. They are especially active during the second half of summer when the colonies forage for food that will sustain their queens during the winter.
Contact your Saratoga bee removal expert, Thomas Pest Services to treat, destroy and prevent new nests from forming in and around your property. Professionals have the trained knowledge to effectively treat and remove the nest safely putting your family or self at risk. Now, if you do discover a nest, do not attempt to knock it down or otherwise destroy it on your own. Not only are stinging insects dangerous, but can also be a health hazard. Thomas Pest Services is your bee removal expert in Valatie, East Greenbush, Albany, Clifton Park, Saratoga, Edinburgh, Gansevoort and surrounding areas, so contact us today.