Bad Year for Fleas and Ticks in and around Albany NY◀ Back To Blog
October 24, 2012
According to YNN, veterinarians state it is one of the worst years ever for fleas and ticks in and around Albany NY. Experts believe the problem is worse this year due to the mild winter the Capital Region experienced last year. The problem is only getting worse, as the fleas and ticks migrate westward,” said Dr. Deanna Rodriguez, a veterinarian.
Although the leaves are changing and the temperatures are dropping, don’t be fooled. Fleas and ticks are present and your pet is completely vulnerable. Fleas and ticks can cause skin issues, anemia, weakening of the pets and diseases like Lyme Disease, Ehrlichia, Anaplasma.
Protect your pet from fleas and ticks:
- Maintain their flea and tick medicine.
- Check your pet after coming indoors. (Check indoor animals too.)
- Wash their bedding regularly in hot water and dry on the hottest setting.
- Vacuum your house regularly. Empty the vacuum bag or canister after each vacuum.
- Keep an eye on pets for excessive scratching or licking.
- Avoid walking pets in tall grass where pests often gather.
- If you suspect an infestation, contact a licensed pest professional.
Living in and around the Capital Region it is inevitable this your pets will be outside. Thomas Pest Services offer these simple tips, to reduce fleas and ticks from affecting your pet. Unfortunately, keeping these insects away from your property is nearly impossible, but our pest management services can help. With simple precautions you can potentially avoid encounters with these biting insects. Thomas Pest Services, your pest control experts can help reduce you and your families’ risk. If you live in Clifton Park or elsewhere in the Capital Region and need assistance getting rid of ticks or getting rid of fleas, fill out our contact form today!