Animal Planet's newest show: Infested◀ Back To Blog
January 17, 2012
Growing up in the pest management industry I have been surrounded by insects, rodents, creepy crawly bugs and much more. Even though I can handle a huge bee’s nest, I cannot handle rodents. I have to admit watching the newest pest control show; “Infested," I am certainly entertained.
“Infested” is a series featuring unbelievable stories of families dealing with extremely infested homes. While the show depicts the squeamish and scary aspects, while my colleague Jeffrey White provides an educational view. White, is a well known bed bug expert who will appear in upcoming episodes as an expert on cockroaches, bird mites, ticks, scorpions and cave crickets.
White offers a few tips on preventing, dealing with and eradicating insect pests:
- Tell someone. If you are a tenant, do not be afraid to tell your landlords if there is a pest or rodent problem. If you avoid the issue, the problem could become out of control.
- Pesticides are not always the answer. Over the counter products do not always solve the root of the problem. If not applied according the label, it can be a safety issue. Getting to the source of the problem is the real solution.
- Hire a professional: Trying to deal with the problem on your own or DIY measures can often make the issue worse.
- Check the house: Again, get to the source of the problem. Prevent pests from getting inside your home in the first place. Seal cracks, holes, around windows, vents, etc.
- Be careful when you travel: Bed bugs are often spread in hotels. Learn bed bug travel tips during your travels and what to do when you return home. If you travel frequently, there are tools to provide early detection.
Living in and around Chatham, Albany, Schenectady, Ballston Spa, Amsterdam and Glens Falls most homeowners and businesses can expect a pest problem. Thomas Pest Services is your pest removal experts and excited to offer pest, wildlife, home improvement and insulation services. Visit our website to learn more about our services, visit us on Facebook or contact us a free inspection today.