A Message from the Service Manager◀ Back To Blog
August 30, 2019
A Message from the Service Manager
The days are getting shorter and the nights are getting colder as we enjoy the last few weeks of summer. During this time of year insects normally not found in your home or business may be found will begin to seek shelter on the interior of your property. These overwintering pests or fall invaders can become a nuisance as they enter your structure in great numbers. Overwintering pests include Asian Lady Beetles, Brown Marmorated Stink Bugs, Elm Leaf Beetles, Boxelder Bugs, Kudzu Bugs, Western Conifer Seed Bugs as well as Cluster Flies. Once inside, these fall insects go into hiding, ending up in walls and attic areas. During warm fall days these insects will emerge out of their hiding places in great numbers on the interior of a home or business. Spider activity may also increase due to the Fall insects moving in creating a food source for them.
As part your regular ongoing maintenance program you may notice your technician adjusting his exterior portion of your service to help prevent these fall invaders from entering your home. Additional insect monitors may be utilized to catch and track these insects. Technicians may perform minor exclusion to gaps with caulk, as well as applying precise interior applications.
There are additional services Thomas Pest Services offers at a discounted rate that will provide additional protection against fall invaders beyond your regular scope of service. These services will protect from these pests gaining access into your structure, as well as controlling them once inside the structure.
Overwintering pest services include:
- Caulking around the windows from the exterior to prevent interior access.
- Installation of an insect fly light to the attic area. The lights are designed to catch insects that may overwinter in your home prior to them gaining access in living areas.
- Performing an additional application in late summer or early fall specific to controlling fall invading pests.
- Rodents are also looking for an opportunity to gain access to your property this time of year. You may find your technician performing minor exclusion sealing gaps and holes around the exterior/interior of your home or business. There are addition services at discounted rate that we offer to help prevent rodents and wildlife from gaining access into a structure.
Exclusion services include:
- Installation of rodent proof door sweeps to seal gaps around doors.
- Installation of a custom bent Rodent Guard where the siding ends and the foundation begins to seal any gaps under the siding leading into the interior walls.
- A metal ridge guard can be installed to your roof to prevent, wasps, rodents, squirrels, birds and bats from entering your roof or attic.
- Gable vents can be sealed with ¼ inch hardware cloth to prevent wildlife from gaining access to your attic.
- A full complete exclusion wrap sealing all potential areas for the structure on both the exterior as well as the interior preventing rodent and wildlife accessibility to the inside.
If you would be interested in any of the services listed above, please call the office to schedule an evaluation at no charge to your home or business.
As the Service Manager, I am available for all our customers 24 hours a day / 7 days a week / 365 days a year. Please do not hesitate to contact me at anytime.
Service Manager, Thomas Pest Services
Associate Certified Entomologist