2020 - March Is National Cerebral Palsy Awareness Month◀ Back To Blog
March 1, 2020
It’s that time of year again: March marks the return of National Cerebral Palsy Awareness Month, a cause that the team at Thomas Pest Services holds near and dear to us all.
Cerebral Palsy (CP) is a group of permanent neurological disorders most often occurring in early childhood development that has a severe impact on body movement and muscle coordination. Children that develop cerebral palsy often suffer impaired fine motor skills and oral functioning as well as negative effects on oral motor functioning, coordination, muscle tone, reflexes, posture, and balance.
Bill Clark and Sarah Thomas-Clark, the owners of Thomas Pest Services, and are kicking off their Cerebral Palsy fundraising campaign for the month of March, in honor of their five year old daughter, Riley. At Thomas Pest Services, we have a special connection to Cerebral Palsy - Riley, was diagnosed with the disorder (specifically right side spastic hemiplegia) at only one-and-a-half years old. CP is near and dear not only to the Clarks, but a number of other employees at Thomas Pest Services.
What is Thomas Pest Services doing to raise awareness?
- The team will be wearing green tee shirts every Friday for the month of March, as green is the color for CP awareness.
- The field staff will continue to wear green booties during services.
- The office is decked out in all-green (associated with Cerebral Palsy awareness),.
- We have re-branded to further show our support for research into finding a cure for Cerebral Palsy.
- Thomas Pest Services has launched a customer contest to help raise awareness and in turn provide free services for the customers who participate. Customers can take a selfie with their Thomas Pest Services technician (or other TPS insignia), and post it using the hashtag #GoGreen4CP. Those customers will get a discount on their next service. Limit 5 per a customer.
- Lastly, we are taking donations for the Jake’s Help from Heaven group. A Saratoga Springs non-profit foundation dedicated to supporting individuals with multiple medical challenges and disabilities. You can find the link to donate on our Facebook Page.
n about how Thomas Pest Services is participating in Cerebral Palsy Awareness month as well as fun stories from the Thomas Pest team, follow our Instagram account, @thomaspestservices, and the hashtag #GoGreen4CP. With support from readers like you, we know that we can raise awareness about Cerebral Palsy.